A Weblog Design Information: Pages, Widgets, and Areas to Embody on Your Weblog
If you are just starting out on your blog this is great. This means you will have a chance to implement the right blog structure and prepare for success from the start. We have prepared a guide to blog design – pages, widgets, and areas to include on your blog. In this guide we will explain everything you need to know.
Pages every blog should have
You should choose your website layout based on its functionality, not just its appearance. When browsing sample blogs, make sure you have the following pages:
- About me – A page where you briefly introduce yourself and explain why you started a blog.
- Contact page – You should provide your email address, links to social media profiles and location if you have a physical store. There should also be a box where visitors can leave comments and questions that will not be shown publicly.
- Disclaimer of liability – If any area of your blog is monetized then you need to add a disclaimer. Otherwise, people may feel deceived.
- Landing Page – If you have a product or service, make sure that you create a separate landing page that explains the benefits of your product or service and that users can automatically order it.
Widgets Every Blog Should Have
Widgets are features that add value and make your blog more interactive. People love them and spend more time blogging with attractive widgets. Here are some of the most popular:
- Instagram feed – Sync your blog with your Instagram or any other social network you use. People are so used to Instagram and they like the idea of being able to click on a picture and automatically open an article about it.
- Newsletter subscription – One of the widgets can be a form to fill out when you want to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Testimonial slider – You should add testimonials from your satisfied customers to your homepage. Use sliders as they are easier to navigate.
- Search bar – You’d be surprised how many people forget to add a search bar to their blog. It makes surfing a lot easier and visitors will appreciate it.
When it comes to article design, you can use any style you like and express your creativity. However, there are some features that every article should have. First, you need a title and headings to organize your blog post. Also, if the post is long, you can add a table of contents to make it easier for readers.
Each item should contain at least two photos. Don’t forget to add a caption. Additionally, you should end every blog post with a call to action. You don’t have to sell anything to add a call to action. It can be as simple as “Leave your thoughts in the comments below.”
There you have it. Now that you know everything you need to know to start your blog. We hope that you find this blog design guide – Pages, Widgets, and Areas to Include on Your Blog – helpful. Don’t waste your precious time; Go ahead and start your blog today!