Comply with these steps to discover a job within the monetary companies sector
Reading time: 3 min
Are you looking for a job? You may be looking for new employment for a number of reasons. Whether you are ready for a whole new career, have lost your position due to the current economic climate or are just starting out, look for your next career in the financial services market.
There are many companies and institutions in the UK that offer financial solutions to private and business customers. Companies like Portafina are a good place to start your search. When searching for positions, enter search titles, e.g. B. Recruitment Consultants, Rewards Consultants, Data & Analytics, Human Capital, Healthcare Investments, Lending Specialists, Auditors. The list continues. By no means is this an exhaustive list, it is a good place to start.
Here is a useful and informative video to get you started in a career in financial services.
There are some basic steps you should follow to get your next finance job.
- If you’re starting a finance job search, this is a good place to start on-line, Naturally. The world is more connected than ever before. You can find any job that interests you in a reputable online venue. search Linkedin You can connect with and follow financial services mentors and upgrade your personal account to accommodate financial aspirations.
- Then update your resume or résumé. It’s usually your first introduction to a hiring manager and a great way to market yourself. If you need help, turn to professional resume writers. They can help you tweak your resume to ensure consistency. It’s important to tailor a resume for each position you are applying for. Include keywords from the job description on the resume to optimize your chances of standing out from other applicants.
- The next step goes hand in hand with your resume: the cover letter. It’s an integral part of the application process. Find the hiring manager and make sure you address the letter directly to that person. Re-insert certain words from the job description into the cover letter and adapt each one to the respective job. Expand your qualifications and write why you are suitable for the position. Check your grammar and punctuation before you hit submit.
- The pandemic changed everything in our lives including the interview process. Zoom and Skype are invaluable for connecting potential employees for interviews with companies. Make sure you’ve set up your accounts and are familiar with them beforehand. Prepare the room you are going to use. Adjust lighting and limit distractions. Wear full business attire, including shoes – cameras can fall during interviews (and rabbit slippers can be in full view). Have a copy of your résumé, pen and paper near you.
- Find out about your potential company as you prepare for the interview. Know what their mission is. Practice answering questions such as: What is your professional financial background? Ask why your interviewer chose the company. And what’s always important – do you have any questions for me? This question doesn’t open the door to discuss salary, accomplishments, and time off. Rather, this is the time to stand out. Quote something specific to the company. For example, consider a specific customer and their scaling based on the group’s business acumen. Follow this compliment with professional examples of similar successes you’ve had before. Next, based on that success, ask where your interviewer sees the company in five years.
Remember, preparation is critical to ensuring your success along the way to a new position in the financial sector. Stay on track and your efforts will pay off.